Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
SERVPRO of Naperville is a 24-hour emergency restoration company. We understand the stress and worry that comes from a water emergency and how that can affect your business and life. Our team at SERVPRO of Naperville is trained and equipped with the best professionals to get your life back on track and make it "Like it never even happened."
SERVPRO of Naperville is a locally owned and operated business with a collection of regional and national resources. We specialize in the cleanup of commercial and residential properties after water someone experiences water damage.
Our staff is highly trained and equipped with the best to restore your property. Backed by a nationwide system of more than 1,900 qualified franchises, no damage is too large or too small for SERVPRO of Naperville.
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (630) 428-3700
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.